Help & Faqs
Welcome to Dream Team - AFL
- Here you'll find all of the information you'll ever need about playing in the Dream Team - AFL competition. Get quick tips on how to use each area of the game, read through the detailed game information available here, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions area on the right (where available), providing answers to some of the most popular queries about the competition. You can also always contact us if you have any further questions and feedback.
Read all about it here
- You can access help on any page by clicking the "?" icon located at the bottom left of your screen. If you wish to learn all about this game, you can read through our comprehensive help and game information below, by selecting the appropriate section.
Q: What is the Dream Team - AFL competition?
A: Dream Team - AFL is a FREE fun and exciting interactive fantasy competition, the premise being simple. You'll get the opportunity to take part in the Dream Team - AFL Season as Coach and selector by entering your very own "fantasy team".
You select real players, and based on their real, actual performances each round, your team scores points according to each of your selected players' stats. Your team is then ranked against your friends/relatives within your own league/s and against players in your state, those that support the same team and everyone else playing in the Dream Team - AFL competition.
The Dream Team - AFL competition offers plenty of interactivity. Make the tough decisions as to who plays in your starting line-up and who sits on your bench, trade players, and lots more.
|February 2, 2016|
- Registrations open
|March 24, 2016 (round 1)|
- AFL Regular Season begins
- Full Rolling Lockout
|April 8, 2016 (round 3)|
- Head-to-Head Leagues Competition begins (18 team leagues)
|April 29, 2016 (round 6)|
- Eliminator Competition begins
|June 17- July 3, 2016 (rounds 13-15)|
- Make up to 3 trades per round
|June 23, 2016 (round 14)|
- Partial Lockout - Adelaide v North Melbourne (1/4)
|June 30, 2016 (round 15)|
- Partial Lockout - West Coast v Essendon (2/4)
|July 7, 2016 (round 16)|
- Partial Lockout - Port Adelaide v Hawthorn (3/4)
|July 14, 2016 (round 17)|
- Partial Lockout - Sydney v Hawthorn (4/4)
|August 5, 2016 (round 20)|
- Head-to-Head Leagues Finals Series begin
Register to play
- You'll need to register and create your account and login.
- You MUST be over 18 years of age to register and play.
- Please Read through all of the Game Rules and Terms and Conditions prior to registering.
- Note that ONE registration is permitted and required to play.
- Enter your registered login email address and password in the login area at the top of the screen.
- Link your account with either or both Facebook and Twitter, for single click login using your Facebook/Twitter account login - you'll also get the benefit of instant sharing, playing against your Facebook contacts and everyone who you follow on Twitter, automatically - plus much more!
- Ensure that "cookies" are enabled for your web browser.
- If you've forgotten your password, click here to request a password reset. We'll send you an email to your registered email address with instructions on how to reset your password.
- If you still experience problems logging in, you can always contact us for further assistance.
Updating and managing your registration
- You can manage your registration by logging in and clicking on the 'SETTINGS' button (cog) near the top right of the screen.
- Within the Settings/Your Profile section, you may change your login email address and password, update your personal details and social connections, change team and league names (only in certain instances), as well as opting out of email updates or cancelling your registration altogether.
Q: I am currently not a resident of Australia or New Zealand. Can I still enter and play? A: You're more than welcome to participate in the games, even if you're not a resident of Australia or New Zealand. However, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions, only Australian and New Zealand residents may be eligible to win any prizes.
Q: I've forgotten my password, what can I do? A: Please click on the 'Lost password' link near the login panel to have a password reset link sent to you.
Q: I'm registered, but I'm having problems logging in. A: You must only login with the original email address that you have registered with. If you are unsure about your password, you can request a password reset by clicking here. We'll email you password reset instructions to your registered email address within a few minutes. Please check your Spam or Junk mail folder if it hasn't arrived in your inbox. If you don't receive our password reset email, then it's likely that you are using an incorrect email address or there’s an issue with your registration. If this is the case, please contact us, providing as much detail about your registration so that we may determine what may be at fault.
Q: I have a new email address. Can you change my login details? A: You can actually change your login details directly at the Dream Team - AFL web site. Simply login with your current details, and then click on the 'SETTINGS' button which can be found near the top right of the screen. You can change your login email and/or password there.
Q: Why can't I change my team name? A: You can only change your team name prior to the start of the next round (after registering). Once the next round is complete, you will no longer be able to change your team name.
Select your complete team
- You must select a FULL team OF 30 players before the beginning of the next upcoming round in order to score points.
- You'll not score any points if your team is incomplete and you'll not be entered in the public and private league games.
- All players are available to all participants.
- Every player from each of the 18 teams is available for selection. The only selection restrictions are:
a) Your $10,360,000 salary cap; and
b) You'll select the exact number of players required in each position from each of the FOUR position groups, which are:
8 x Backs
11 x Midfielders
3 x Rucks
8 x Forwards
- These restrictions are automatically enforced so that they cannot be broken, and your selected team will always be valid.
- You'll just need to make sure that you've selected and entered a complete squad.
Q: How many players do I have to start with, and do I need to have that exact number? A: You MUST select 30 players in order to enter the Dream Team - AFL competition. From those 30, you'll then be able to choose which 22 are playing and therefore scoring points, as well as up to 4 emergencies from your reserves each round. Your team is already pre-arranged in a starting 22 format (6 Backs, 8 Midfielders, 2 Rucks, 6 Forwards), and you can simply substitute players to ensure your best 22 from your 30 man squad is selected. If you don't modify your team, the same starting line-up of 22 will be entered in the following team. You can edit teams at any time while a team is NOT in progress.
Q: What if I can't find a player in the game? A: You can use to the search box at the top right of the screen on any page to check whether the player is in the game. If you can't find them, please contact us and let us know.
Your team HQ
- You can edit your entire team list while a round is not in progress. You can also view each player's scoring and performance breakdown, in team Analyser view.
- You need to select your starting line-up of 22 players (6 Backs, 8 Midfielders, 2 Rucks, 6 Forwards) and name up to 4 emergencies (to compensate for late changes) each round in order to compete.
- Your starting 22 are automatically pre-arranged in the correct positional format.
- You can substitute between the correct positions to ensure your best 22 are in your starting line-up.
- Click the button to substitute the desired player OUT of your starting 22. Then, select a highlighted replacement from the two reserves in the matching position, or from any available dual position player/s with matching positions (if available), to complete your substitution.
- DUAL POSITION PLAYER SUBSTITUTIONS - If you have 2 or more players selected in different positions, who were both available for selection in multiple, matching positions (e.g. you have a Defender who is listed as a Defender and Forward, and a Forward who is listed as a Defender and Forward), you're able to switch them around with a simple Substitution. A trade is not required.
- If you have eligible dual position players, they will highlight when a Substitution button is clicked for a player (as will your eligible bench players in the same position).
- You can make unlimited trades on your initial team entry, and right through the Round 1 Rolling Lockout. Your team is locked in and entered at the start of the next upcoming round after you joined.
- You'll then be able to trade up to a maximum of 2 players after the conclusion of each round (and up to 3 in rounds 13, 14 and 15), with a total of 30 trades available for the entire Season.
- It's entirely your decision as to when and how you use them.
- Trades can be reversed right up until the start of the FIRST match of each round. Once the round is in Lockout (Full or Partial), you can no longer reverse any trades.
- Trading periods will generally be open for the entire week, up until the start of the next round's games.
- DUAL POSITION PLAYER TRADES - You'll now have even more flexibility with how you trade, by being able to move dual position players within your team during the trading process - without having to have a 'matching' dual position player in the other position. For example, you may:
a) elect to trade out a Forward who is not a dual position player.
b) If you have a Defender who is also a Forward, you may substitute them into the Forward spot left vacant by the player you elected to trade out.
c) You'll now have a vacant Defender spot on your team.
d) In effect, you are therefore trading out a Forward for trading in a Defender.
- You can now make unlimited player moves while trading when a position opens up (no longer limited to one move), to get the perfect trade.
Captain & Vice Captain
- Your captain scores double points. You should also select a vice captain, who will score double points ONLY if your captain is a late withdrawal or doesn't play for any reason.
- You can change your captain and vice captain as often as you like prior to the start of each round.
- Select up to FOUR emergencies. Emergencies from your reserves list will replace up to four non-scoring players in your starting line-up in matching positions only.
- Where there are 2 emergencies are selected in one position and only one of these is required, the lowest scoring emergency will be used.
- If no emergency is available for a 0-scoring player in a certain position, you'll not receive any points from that player.
- Emergencies scoring 0 will not be considered the 'lowest-scoring' and will not be used.
- Emergencies can simply be toggled on or off with a click of the Emergency button.
"Zero" scoring players
- Players who are actually named and in the starting 22 for any match AND score a 0 for any reason, will NOT be replaced by an emergency. Their 0 score will also have an effect on their value, being recorded as having played a game.
team & player value
- Player pricing will also play a part in team selection and trading strategy, and your overall team value.
- Each player's price will vary based on their most current performance from round to round. A rolling average is used to determine how a player's value changes and they must have played at least 3 games in order for their value to increase or decrease.
- Your team value is determined based on the overall value of your selected players, plus any leftover amount in your salary cap.
Q: Why do some teams seem to have a larger salary cap/team worth than I do? What is the salary cap? A: Due to the variations in player prices each round, some teams rise in value, and sometimes it appears that they're over the salary cap. Every team starts with exactly the same salary cap value ($10,360,000).
Q: Can I use any of my 30 trades during the league finals if I have some remaining? Do I get more trades during the finals? A: The 30 trades are for the entire Season, with a maximum of 2 per round (and up to 3 in Rounds 13, 14 and 15) right through to and including the league final series up to round 23. No additional trades will be awarded specifically for league finals, or for any other reason.
Q: I have selected a player who has since become injured or dropped from the team. Can I replace him? A: You can modify your line-ups from your reserves list at any time while a round is NOT in progress. You'll also have a total of 2 trades available to you after each round has concluded (and up to 3 in Rounds 13, 14 and 15), with a total of 30 trades allowed for the Season.
Q: In the real game, player X has played as a back in the last 3 round of the real competition, yet you have him listed as a centre. Why? Can he be moved? A: Player positions were determined based on the position/s that each player has played in most frequently in the past. Some players can play very versatile roles in any given match/Season, therefore these players are selectable in multiple positions (although they can only be selected in ONE position, only ONCE per team).
Q: I have player X my team who is a back and a forward. How come I can only select him as a forward? A: You can usually name a player only in the position that you selected them in. However, if, for example, you have a Forward on your team who is also listed as a Defender AND a Defender who is also listed as a Forward, you may SUBSTITUTE the two between positions, without costing you a trade. Please keep this in mind and select your team accordingly.
Q: I can't substitute a dual position player into their secondary position in my team? A: Dual position players can only be substituted with other dual position players only, as long as both their positions match. For instance, a dual position player listed as a FWD, MID can only be subbed with another player who is also listed as a FWD, MID.
Q: Can a dual position player who I've selected as an emergency cover a secondary position in my team? A: No. Dual position players selected as emergencies can replace the score of players in your team, in the matching position AND ONLY in the position where you have them selected in your team.
Q: A player in my team scored negative points. Is my emergency eligible to replace their score? A: Negative scores are counted as normal towards your team total. Negative scores are also doubled if a player that scores in the negative was selected as your Captain/Vice Captain.
Q: Why didn't my emergency player's points get added to my team? A: Emergency players can replace the score of a non-playing player in your team, in matching positions only, where selected in your team. If a player is a part of the Starting 22 and receives a score of 0 for any reason, they will not be replaced.
Q: How often do player's values change? A: In order for player values to change, a player must have played at least 3 games. Therefore you will see the first player price changes after the first 3 round of play and weekly thereafter.
Q: If a player in my team does not play, does their value change? A: Players that don't play do not have their value change. A player must play in order for their value to change.
Q: What is the formula used to determine a player's change in value? A: We do not provide the specific player pricing formula, however it takes a rolling average from the last 3 games that a player has played. They must have scored points in at least 3 games in order for their value to change. This is then compared to their Season average from last year and previous performances (upon which the initial price was based on), in order to work out the change.
The Head-to-Head Leagues competition in detail
- You can create or join, and be a part of up to 10 private or public mini-leagues with your single team entry. Your team will be entered in at least one private or public mini-league, where you'll compete 'head-to-head' against friends and relatives, or a small group of other participants in the competition.
- Your league will have its own "fixture", where your team is matched up against other teams in that league each round.
- You'll score a WIN and 4 points if you get a higher fantasy score than the team you "play" against (or 2 points for a draw). Your league ladder ranks your team based on your win/loss record and percentage.
- The leagues head-to-head competitions get under way from round 3. Everyone in the league plays against each other once from rounds 3 to 19.
- Rounds 20-23 will comprise of a top 8 finals series, based around the real AFL finals system, to find the overall league premiers. 9th - 16th will also play off for the league's minor premiership. The bottom 2 teams miss out.
- All 10 leagues that you may join will have their own fixture and finals.
- Through the Activity Feed, you'll be able to communicate with your league competitors live.
Custom size Private Leagues - 10 teams
- In addition to playing in traditional 18-team leagues, you can now create (or join) 'private' leagues of 10 teams. 10-team leagues operate in the same way, except:
- The league head-to-head competition begins in round 2 and concludes in round 19, followed by finals for the Top 8 over rounds 20-23; and
- You'll play against everyone in your league twice.
- You can play in up to 10 leagues with any combination of 18-team or 10-team settings.
IMPORTANT - Finalising and confirming League entry & incomplete Leagues
- Teams are entered in leagues on a provisional basis. Leagues of 18 (or 10) teams will be formed starting at the round 1 rolling lockout and each round thereafter.
- Your team must contain a complete list of 30 players at the upcoming round's rolling lockout in order to remain in your league. Any incomplete teams at the time of rolling lockout will be REMOVED from their league without notice and replaced permanently (applies to private and public leagues).
- If you don't have anyone else in your league OR your league has less than 18 (or 10) teams in it prior to the start of any round, then it will be merged with another, or filled with random teams and finalised. Anyone already in your league will remain there.
- If joining the game after round 3, your team will still be a part of a league for the remainder of the Season, however you won't get the opportunity to play against every other team in your league.
- You can leave/change between leagues at any time until your league's first rolling lockout. Once leagues are finalised, you can no longer change, create or join new leagues.
- Creating a public league will allow you to invite anyone you like to your league.
- Anyone who joins your league or obtains your unique league code will also have the ability to join and invite others to this league.
- If you selected to join a public league, your entry will be placed in one automatically at the completion of the next upcoming round, with publishing of results.
- If you create a private league, you'll be the only one who can invite others to this league (via the League page).
- You'll also get the option to create a traditional 18-team league, or a 10-team league.
- As 'Administrator', you'll also have the ability to REMOVE teams from your league. However, once your league is finalised at the end of the next round, you can no longer remove teams from your league.
- Anyone joining a Private league is not able to invite others via the league page.
- When using the automated league invite form on your league page to send invitations, your friends/relatives will be provided with a direct link to the registration page, and will be added to your league automatically upon successful registration.
Unlimited size private Groups
- In addition to being able to play in up to 10 head-to-head leagues of 18 (or 10), you can create or join up to TEN unlimited size Private Groups.
- Create or join your office or club competition where you can have an unlimited number of entrants to compete against, based on total score.
- Simply click on the "Groups" tab from your Leagues page to get started, and follow the simple instructions to invite others or share your Group.
- Take on your friends, or just about anyone in the competition - head-to-head, any round, or every round.
- Click on the RIVALRIES tab from your Leagues page and simply follow the on-screen instructions to search for any team in the competition - or instantly challenge anyone who is in one of your head-to-head leagues.
- You can setup a Rivalry against anyone you like who is also in the competition. On the Rivalries page, you'll be able to keep track of their week-to-week score, whether you won or lost against them, as well as a win/draw/loss tally.
- In the right-hand panel, you'll be able to track who has setup a Rivalry against you in the competition, and therefore is tracking your performance. You may add any of these teams to your own Rivalries (creating a confirmed Head-to-Head Rivalry).
- You can setup or remove a Rivalry at any stage of the competition.
Setup your Facebook and Twitter leagues
- If you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, you can now link it to your Dream Team - AFL entry.
- In addition to the sharing of your data to your wall/followers, you'll be able to setup your very own Facebook and/or Twitter leagues which are in addition to your regular head-to-head leagues and groups.
- On linking your account, Dream Team - AFL will automatically setup your 'all in' Facebook and/or Twitter league.
- You'll be ranked based on overall points against any of your Facebook/Twitter contacts who also play Dream Team - AFL and have linked their accounts.
- In addition, you can automatically invite any of those not playing with a simple wall post or tweet directly from Dream Team - AFL - or invite them to one of your head-to-head leagues.
Q: How I do create a league where I can compete against my friends? A: You can create a new league from your League page. After accessing your Leagues page, you can click on the 'Create/Join' button to create a new league, or join one that you've been invited to.
Q: How do I enter a new public league? A: To enter a new public league, you will need to create one. On your Leagues page, simply click on the 'Create/Join' button to create a new league. That league will then be merged with other teams after the publishing of the next round's stats.
Q: How do I leave a league? A: On your Leagues page, simply click on the 'leave' button to leave a league. Once your league has been finalised, you will not be able to leave that league. Please note that you must be in at least one league.
Q: I just joined. Why wasn't I added to a league, and where is the option to create one? A: Everyone who signs up to the Dream Team - AFL competition will be a part of a league. Look for the 'League' link and button in the game menu bar on the left to access your league.
Q: I've found out that all of my friends are in another league. How do I swap leagues so I can play against them? Can you move my team for me? A: If you've been invited into a league by email, then please follow the prompts in the email to join that league. If you have been provided specific league code, then simply click on the 'Create/Join' button and enter the code into the box provided. If you want to leave the league you are currently in, then click on the 'Leave' button and enter the code in the box provided. Please note, if your league was formed prior to the last round, then it would have been finalised and you can no longer change, create or join new leagues.
Q: Can I change the name of the league that I created? A: Your league name can only be changed prior to your league's first lockout, when your league is finalised and confirmed.
Q: The league that I was in is now different, or its name changed... Why? A: We may add teams or merge leagues where they don't attract enough competitors. All care will be taken to ensure that all original teams that you had in your league will still be there, in addition to new ones. Your league name may therefore change based on these movements.
Q: Why have people in my league been replaced with other random teams? A: Leagues are merged at the end of each round. Once a league is merged, no further changes can be made to that league and you can no longer change, create or join new leagues. Any team/s in your league that did not have a complete team selected prior to the start of the last round are replaced with other teams.
Q: Why have I been removed from my league? And why can't I rejoin it? A: If you did not have a complete team selected prior to the start of the last round, then your team would have been replaced with another random, complete team. As leagues are finalised each round, you can no longer join that league. Alternatively, if you were entered in a Private league, the league's creator may have removed your team before the league was finalised.
Q: Why can't I join a new league? A: Leagues are merged and finalised at the end of each round. Once a league is finalised, you can no longer change, create or join new leagues.
Q: Why can't I invite people into my league? A: If you have been invited into a Private League, then only the league's creator has the ability to invite more people into that league from their Leagues page.
Q: Can I remove people from my league? A: If you were the Private League creator, you will have the option to remove people from your league. However, once your league is finalised at the end of the next round, you can no longer remove people from your league.
Q: My friend wants to join my league but can't, why? A: If your league was created before the last round, then it would have been finalised and unfortunately no further people can enter. If your league has yet to be finalised, then please check that you have provided the correct league code to the person you want to join your league, or that you have entered the correct email address in the invite box in your Leagues page.
Q: It says I can be in up to 10 different leagues, why can't I join any more leagues? A: You can only join up to 10 different leagues prior to the start of the next round after registering. Once your league is finalised at the end of that round, you can no longer change, create or join leagues.
How you'll score points
- Your Dream Team - AFL squad is awarded points based on the real performances of the real players in each game, throughout the 23 round AFL home-and-away Season.
- Points are awarded based on player statistics as collected and provided by Champion Data.
- Points scored by your team each round are based on the performance of the starting line-up of your 22 players for each round, including up to 4 selected emergencies to replace up to 4 players in your starting 22 in matching positions who don't play that round.
- The remaining players on your reserves list don't score.
Club Byes and 'Best 18' scoring in 2016
- There will be three rounds (13, 14 & 15) in 2016 where six teams will have a bye in each round.
- To better-reflect the actual competition, you'll score from your best 18 players only (therefore your Best 18 scores) in any position, from your selected, on-field Starting 22. You'll still need to ensure that your best available players are in your starting 22 line-up.
- During these three rounds, you'll simply need to manage your team as you normally would - select, trade and set your Starting 22 with as many 'non-bye' players as possible in your starting 22 line-up. Remember, it's the Best 18 from your Starting 22, and does not include your bench as per any other week.
- If you have further available players in any position during these multi-bye rounds, you may set Emergencies for those positions as usual. Emergencies will continue to replace non-starting players in your Starting 22 with the usual rules, in the same position (including any 'bye' player that you may have left in your Starting 22) and their score will only count if it is in your Best 18.
- Set a Captain (and Vice Captain) as you normally would for double points. If your Captain's doubled score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, then their points will not count - you simply get your Best 18 scores only. Similarly, if your Captain's doubled-score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, you do NOT automatically receive double points from your Vice Captain - your Vice Captain only receives double points as per any other round, if your Captain does not play for any reason.
- You'll not receive any points from players whose team/s have a bye, and don't play in any of the multi-bye rounds.
Emergency player scoring
- Selected emergencies will replace any non-starting player in matching positions only.
- Where there's more than one emergency available in a certain position and only one is required, the lowest scoring emergency will be used.
- If you have a 0 scoring player in a certain position and don't have an emergency selected in that position, you'll not score any points for that player.
- Players who are actually named and in the starting 22 for any match AND score a 0 for any reason, will NOT be replaced by an emergency. Their 0 score will also have an effect on their value, being recorded as having played a game.
Live and final scores
- While LIVE scoring for your team and your league's opponents and participants will be available during the round, scores and rankings are usually updated, confirmed and finalised within a few hours of the last game of the round.
- In certain circumstances, due to the complexities involved in the large number of statistics that are provided and processed, delays may occur. Please allow up until 3:00pm AEST on the day following the completion of the round for scores to be processed.
- Scores are final once completely processed, at which time the competition will be re-opened for team editing for the following round.
|Stat description||Points awarded/deducted|
|Free Kick For||1 Point|
|Free Kick Against||-3 Points|
Q: Why has my score changed after lockout? A: Any live or end-of-game scoring provided during the round should be treated as tentative and indicative only. Once the stats are reviewed at the end of the round, player scores may change slightly when the official results are published.
Q: Why is my score is incorrect? A: It's possible you may have made changes to your line-up. Please refer to the 'How your team scored' column to the right of your team, to view your team's scoring breakdown from the past round.
Q: If I have two emergencies selected in the same position who both score, which score is added to my team to replace a non-playing player? A: The lowest scoring emergency is always used. Please note, emergencies that score greater than 0 are only used to replace the score of a non-playing player in your team.
Q: What happens if both my Captain and Vice Captain don't play? A: Unfortunately in this instance, you will miss out on double points for a player in your team. Any emergency covering a non-starting Captain/Vice-Captain does not receive double points.
What is Eliminator?
- Dream Team - AFL Eliminator is a 'League of Champions' knockout competition.
- If you're ranked in the top 16,384 teams based on your round 6 Weekly score, from round 7 your team will be matched up with another team (based on your previous round ranking), and play-off head-to-head.
- WIN your match and proceed to the next round - LOSE and it's the end of the road, with your team being eliminated.
How Eliminator works
- Each eligible entry will receive a ranking based on their weekly team score at the completion of round 6;
- Each team in the top 8,192 entries will be matched up against another team in the next 8,192 entries;
- In round 7, these teams will be matched up and play 'head-to-head' against one another, the winner being the team that scores the most points for the round;
- The winning teams proceed to the next round, losing teams are eliminated and take no further part in the Eliminator competition;
- The process is repeated with all remaining teams for the remainder of the Season (except for the multi-bye Rounds 13, 14 and 15, which will be skipped) until there are 2 teams remaining in round 23. The higher-scoring of the two teams in round 23 will be deemed the Eliminator winner.
Q: How do I know if my team is entered? A: Keep an eye on the Eliminator competition page. The status of your entry will be provided shortly after results have been processed for round 6. Remember, in the 2016 competition, the top-ranked 16,384 teams based on their Round 6 score and ranking will compete in Eliminator.
Q: How do I know who I'll be playing in the next upcoming round? A: Your opponent is decided based on the rankings from the previous week in the overall competition. Your opponent's team will be announced here around Thursday prior to the upcoming round and you'll be able to view their full team (as of last round) and past record. If you make it to the final 64, a complete fixture of all participating teams will be made available.
All the stats
- The Dream Team - AFL Player Research Centre offers several comprehensive features and facilities that will help you with your initial team selection, as well as further substitution and drafting decisions throughout the competition.
- Find the season's top players with comprehensive and sortable lists of player stats, data and additional information.
- You can view player stats up to any round of the competition, check out their weekly scoring, and filter by club, position, price range and much more.
- You can view summarised, standard player rankings, or click on "Stats view" for a comprehensive, sortable list of all stats and fantasy scores used in the competition for each player.
- You may add any player to your "watchlist" and keep an eye on their performance from your team page.
- Click on a player's name from anywhere on the web site, or use our extensive player search facility.
- Comprehensive in-game statistics summary and graphs for every player in the Dream Team - AFL, round-by-round.
- Look out for the latest news and updates on your players with Player Notes, for quick trading and substitution decision-making. When there is something important to know about any player, we'll post a brief and to-the-point note to ensure you have all the news and information at hand, without having to read through and filter long news articles.
- A note 'indicator' will appear next to each player's listing (anywhere on the web site) to alert you when something new has been posted about a particular player. Click on their name and open the player card to see all available player notes.
- Market Watch provides a top players listing of the most popular players, as selected by all participants in Dream Team - AFL.
- You'll also find a list of the most improved players in the competition, as well as those going through a scoring form slump.
- You can view the Market Watch lists sorted for the Season-to-date, or the last team only.
Q. Can I view the highest-scoring players from a certain team or in a certain position? Can I see who scored highest in the last round only? A. You can view players by team, position, price and scores up to any previously completed round, from the drop-down "Round" menu (near the top left of the Player Research page) page. This will display players sorted by their Season-to-date scoring. Activate the Filters to view players only from certain team/s, position/s, price range/s and more. Click on any column heading to re-sort the displayed and filtered list by any available stat.
Q. What is the "MVP Value" score and ranking? A. The MVP (or Most Valuable Player) is updated throughout the season and provides a 'dollar value per point scored' and ranking based on that value. It's worked out by dividing the player's current value by their current average score per Round - therefore giving you their dollar value per point scored each week.
One game - multiple competitions
- Your single team entry is automatically entered in several different competitions and site-wide 'leagues'.
- You'll also be entered in a competition and rankings against all other supporters of your club, as well as everyone else playing from your state of origin.
- The Season 2016 rankings page provides you with the top overall rankings, which you can sort by overall score or the past round only.
- You'll also be able to view the top rankings for any club's supporters or state of origin league.
- You can check back and view how the overall rankings stood for any previously completed round.
- Once the Dream Team - AFL competition is under way, click on any team name wherever their entry appears throughout the competition (rankings, your mini-Leagues, etc) to see exactly who they had in their squad in previous rounds and how well they are performing.
Supporter vs Supporter, State vs State, League vs League:
- You'll find tables that rank the various clubs and states - based on the average scores of entrants in each of the state and club leagues, you can check out where your state and club is ranked against the rest.
- You'll also find a listing of the best performing private and public leagues in the competition.
Q. How do I view the top teams from my state? Can I see who is coming first in my supported club league? A. Simply select your state from the drop-down menu in the navigation menu near the top left of the rankings page, or click on your state in the 'State of Origin Rankings' table. You can do the same for your club's supporters rankings.
How to use Team Analyser, Player Research & Trade Wizard
- Team Analyser, Player Research & Trade Wizard contain a collection of powerful score and pricing projection tools, providing data on the potential upcoming performances for all players.
- The data is presented based on mathematical analysis of past player trends and performances, in order to provide a detailed projection of how they may perform in the upcoming rounds and the rest of the Season.
- There are many factors that will have an impact on a player's performance.
- The data updates weekly at the completion of each round.
- Make use of the default filters (see descriptions below) to check out the data that is important to you.
- For example, if you're looking for the player that has the highest 3 Rd projected average, click on the filter "PROJECTIONS" and in the table below, click on the "PROJ. 3 RD AVG." column header to sort the list accordingly.
- For Player Research, click on the 'Filter' link and use the categories (including position, price, selection status, etc) to further refine your results as required.
- In addition to your team's projected score for the next round, Team Analyser will also provide the projected score for your UPCOMING OPPONENT/S, in each of the head-to-head leagues that you are participating in.
Trade Wizard - Your Trading Assistant
- Trade Wizard provides you with your own player trading assistant, using the powerful tools to work out the best trade options for your team.
- Select a player/s from your team or select a player you want to trade into your team. You will then be presented with all available players you can trade.
Detailed player profiles
- Exclusive to Assistant Coach subscribers, the player profile pages provide even more essential data.
- Click on any player's name and get more of the player's stats and scoring projections, expanded for the entire Season.
- View each player's full 2016 AFL fixture, including highest, lowest and average scores against their opponent.
- Plus, a full Season of break-even scores (and likelihood of achieving break-even) as well as score and price/price change projections.
- Updated each round with the very latest stats, all of the projections are graphed to easily determine the seasonal trend for your selected player.
- On the Team Analyser, Player Research & Trade Wizard pages, you'll find hourly-updated data right through the week, including in-game data that displays the most traded in and out players in the competition - giving you the most current trading trends.
- On your Team Analyser page, you'll find additional, hourly updated in-game data of the 5 most 'traded-out' players currently on your squad, as well as the 5 most 'traded-in' players who are not currently on your squad.
- Projections will provide each player's projected score and the average score for the next 3 upcoming rounds.
- If the projected score for any of the three rounds is green, it means that the projected score for that particular round is 10% or higher above their 3 round average. Red indicates that it is 10% or more lower.
Cash Cows Filter
- Cash Cows provides projected price changes for each player for the next three upcoming rounds and for the Season.
- To see a round-by-round projected breakdown for the FULL Season, click on any player name to view their full player profile and projections.
Break Even Filter
- The Break Even score indicates the approximate points that the player will need to score in order to maintain their price at the current level in the next round (i.e. if they score more than this, their value will increase).
- You are provided with comprehensive Break Even projections for the next three upcoming rounds.
- Projections displayed in green indicate that the BE is below their projected score for that particular round (and therefore their price will likely increase), while red indicates that it is higher, likely resulting in a price decrease.
- In addition, you are provided with the probability percentage that the player is likely to achieve or score higher than their projected BE for each of the next three rounds - the closer this is to 100%, the more likely it is that they'll achieve their BE score.
- Consistency rankings provides a "Consistency Rating" - a standard deviation value that indicates a range within which a player has scored above and below their average.
- The lower the "Consistency Rating", the more consistent that player's scores have been this season.
- The "Score Range" details the player's projected score range - the points range which their score is likely to fall within.
- You are provided with each player's average score from the past few years versus their next three upcoming opponents.
- Each player's individual profile page also provides an average versus every club in the competition.
- You are provided with each player's average score from the past few years at each of the next 3 upcoming venues.
- Each player's individual profile page also provides an average at every venue in the competition.
Coaches Choice Filter
- Coaches Choice provides you with information on the most popular captain selections, their ownership % and change in ownership since the last round and the start of the Season.
Q: How do you work out projected scores and projected price changes? A. Projected Scores are calculated using the Dream Team - AFL's proprietary formula, which takes into account several factors including the player's most recent performances, their direct performances against the opponent and their past performance at the venue. These projections are re-calculated after each round using the latest available data, to ensure that the player's current form is always reflected. Projected Price Change is calculated using the player's projected score, also taking into account the player's rolling average score.
Q: How accurate are the projected scores? A. Future score and pricing projections are based around a comprehensive mathematical formula that takes into account various current and historical performance and other factors as detailed above. They will provide an accurate indication as to what is 'likely' to happen in the majority of instances. However, obviously they cannot guarantee a player will be in the starting line-up, or predict various other 'real life' factors that could have an effect on player performances, e.g. a player getting injured very early in the match or being substituted out, adverse weather conditions resulting in lower-than-usual stats, etc.
Q: How accurate is the Break Even figure? Is this the same for future Break Even projections? A. Very accurate. The Break Even is based around and tied into the comprehensive Dream Team - AFL player pricing and valuation formula, so the BE score can be determined quite accurately. There are however certain factors that impact the Break Even calculations that make it impossible to determine a 100% accurate Break Even figure before the whole round of matches has been played and the scores processed. Projected Break Evens for rounds beyond the next one are projections based on an analysis of the projected scores for those rounds and the corresponding projected price changes.
The Dream Team - AFL competition receives hundreds of emails on a weekly basis. To ensure that we can provide the best and quickest possible service to all genuine support queries, please read through the help & game info section and frequently asked questions sections by clicking on the links above, to ensure your question has not already been answered.
DREAM TEAM - AFL SEASON TOURNAMENT 2016 - GAME RULES
Last Updated: April 26, 2016
1. Dream Team – AFL 2016 is an online fantasy sports season tournament and game of skill. For the purpose of this promotion the following definitions apply:
"Promoter" means Sportsdeck Pty Ltd (ABN 35 095 684 067) of G06/838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
"Promotion" means the Dream Team - AFL season tournament, conducted during the course of the 23 rounds of the 2016 Australian Football League season, excluding the Finals;
"Round" means a singular round in the 2016 Australian Football League season excluding any round in the Finals;
"Rounds" means all rounds in the 2016 Australian Football League season excluding any rounds in the Finals;
"Promotion Period" means the period commencing at 12:01pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("AEDST") on 02.02.2016 and closing on 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") on 28.08.2016;
"Website" means https://www.sportsdeck.com/au/afl/dreamteam
Your participation in this tournament is subject to these Rules and the Terms and Conditions. To the extent that there is an inconsistency between these Rules and the Terms and Conditions, these Rules will prevail.
Sportsdeck reserves the right, subject to the approval of the relevant Gaming Authority (where this approval is required), to modify, restrict, change, or otherwise alter these Game Rules in whole or in part without providing notice to you. We will endeavour to give you prior written notice of any material changes. Please refer to the date of last revision at the top of this page to ensure you are compliant with the most recent version of these Game Rules. By continuing to access and use the Sites, you will be evidencing your agreement to these amendments.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents and non-Australian residents over the age of 18, including residents of New Zealand, except where prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, only Australian and New Zealand residents (who are residents at the time of joining and creating an account in the Tournament) are eligible to win any prizes, excluding the directors, contractors, managers and employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter and agencies (including sponsors) associated with this Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. All Participants and Tournament winners consent to the publication of their name, suburb and state of residence, and agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter from time to time. The Promoter reserves the right to limit the number of participants in the Tournament at any time for any reason.
4. To enter, the Participant must firstly register by completing the online registration process at the Website during the Promotion Period. Participants will be required to (a) choose a nickname/alias to identify their entry; (b) submit the name of their favourite AFL team; and (c) subject to any "Salary Cap Limitations" as detailed on the Website, submit a complete AFL team of 30 players ("Chosen Team") comprising the following positions:
8 x Defenders
11 x Midfielders
3 x Rucks
8 x Forwards
5. Only one registration per Participant (and per email address) may be submitted. Under no circumstances can participants enter two or more registrations or team entries. Any participants found to do so will be disqualified from the promotion and eligibility to win prizes, solely at the Promoter’s discretion. By registering, the Participant agrees to subscribe (or has already subscribed) to receive periodical results and/or reminder emails about the Tournament, notification of new Tournaments, and other similar, related newsletters by the Promoter from time to time. The Participant may choose to opt-out of any such newsletters at any time.
6. If invited to enter a particular league, Participants may enter their details to join that league during the registration process. Alternatively they can create up to ten private or public leagues and invite others to join. If they do not select a league, Participants will automatically be entered into a public league. Subject to a Participant's eligibility to win a prize, that eligibility will not be affected by whether they join a public league or private league. Rankings as displayed on the Website include the rankings of all Participants, and not only the rankings of Participants that are eligible to win a prize, and therefore should not be relied upon as indication of who will a prize.
7. During registration Participants may refer the promotion to their friends via email using the refer-a-friend facility on the Website. If a Participant refers a friend, they warrant that their friend is over the age of 18 and they have obtained their friend's consent to do so prior to sending the email. The Participant indemnifies the Promoter against any claims by any third party for the Participant's failure to do so.
Participants may replace players in their Chosen Team via the "Trade Page" on the Website, in accordance with any directions. Participants may make a maximum of 30 player trades for the season, with a maximum of 2 trades in any given Round (and up to 3 trades in Rounds 13, 14 and 15). Player trades must take place prior to the commencement of a particular Round to be eligible to be selected for that Round, and are subject to any Salary Cap Limitations as detailed on the Website. Players traded during the season do not get their aggregate points added or subtracted to the Participant's total. For sake of clarity, if the player is removed from, or added to the Chosen Team, only the points earned by that player for that Participant, prior to their removal or after their addition from the Chosen Team, in accordance with these Rules, count towards the Participant's total.
8. After registration, Participants may enter all remaining Rounds that have not been locked out or completed. Subject to clause 9, to enter a particular Round, the Participant must prior to the lockout period for that Round (as notified on the Website), submit their "Round Team" comprising of 22 "Starting Players" from their Chosen Team in the following positions:
6 x Defenders
8 x Midfielders
2 x Rucks
6 x Forwards
Participants may select up to 4 "Emergency" players from their remaining 8 bench players. Emergency Players will not score points unless they replace a Starting Player. If necessary, an Emergency Player will be added to the Active Players in the same selected position as the Active Player who is being replaced, based on the scoring system provided in clause 10. Emergency Player scores are only added if an Active Player in the same position doesn't score any points due to not taking part in a real match. Where there are two Emergency Players selected in a position and only one is required, the lowest scoring of the two will be used. Participants may select a "Team Captain" who will score double points, and select a "Vice Captain" who will score double points in the event that the Team Captain does not play in the particular Round and receives a score of 0.
In Rounds 13, 14 and 15, a Participant's score for the Round will only be based on the scores of the 18 highest scoring players of their selected starting 22 players (including any emergencies which replace those players). Participants will still be required to select 22 starting players in Rounds 13, 14 and 15, and if there are more than 18 scoring payers in their selected 22 players, only the scores of the top 18 scoring players be used to calculate the Participant's score for that Round.
9. If, after participating in a Round, a Participant does not amend their Round Team, their Round Team from the previous Round as selected by the Participant will be used, regardless of whether or not those players will be playing in the coming Round.
10. Participants will score points based upon the performance of their selected players in their Round Team for the particular Round. Points will be awarded (or subtracted) for each performance statistic attributed to that player during the Round by Champion Data Holdings Pty Ltd (ACN 090641553) as follows:
|Stat description||Points awarded/deducted|
|Free Kick For||1 Point|
|Free Kick Against||-3 Points|
11. The Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Promotion are final and no correspondence will entered into, including decisions in relation to the number of points that a Participant may have earned.
12. Rankings of Participants from the last Round completed and cumulative rankings for all completed rounds will appear on the Website as per clause 14 below. Rankings on the Website may not give a true indication of the eventual winner of a prize.
Prizes will only be awarded to Participants who are eligible to win a prize in accordance with clause 3, in the form of a direct bank transfer or cheque. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined in accordance with clause 13(e) below.
a. Round Prize Winners:
The participant who scores the highest number of points from each individual round will win $500 (total Round prize value: $11,500). Round Prize winners will be determined by the Promoter at G06/838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008, at 12:00PM AEST on the day after completion of each round of the AFL football season during the Promotion Period. Participants are only entitled to win the Round Prize once during the promotion. Where a Participant whose eligible team entry has earned the highest number of points for that Round has previously won the Round Prize, the prize will be awarded to the participant whose eligible team entry earned the next highest number of points in that Round and who has not been a previous Round Prize winner.
b. Overall Prize Winners:
The participant with the highest accumulated number of points at the end of the AFL regular season will win $20,000. The participant who scores the second highest accumulated number of points at the end of the AFL regular season will win $1,000. Participants ranked from 3rd to 10th in highest accumulated number of points at the end of the AFL regular season will each win $500 (total Overall Prize value: $35,000). The Overall prize winners will be determined by the Promoter at G06/838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008 at 12:00PM AEST on 30.08.2016.
c. Top League Prize Winners:
Only leagues of exactly 18 teams entered in the promotion will be eligible to win the Top League Prize. The scores of the 18 participants in each League will be combined and the League with the highest combined score at the end of the Promotion will win $2,700 to be divided equally among the participants. The Top League prize winners will be determined by the Promoter at G06/838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008 at 12:00PM AEST on 30.08.2016.
d. Eliminator Winner:
The top-ranked 16,384 Participants based on their Round score at the completion of round 6 of the 2016 AFL season who complete an eligible entry in accordance with these Rules, will be eligible to compete in the Eliminator Tournament for the Eliminator Major Prize, commencing in Round 7 of the 2016 AFL season and concluding in Round 23, but excluding rounds 13, 14 and 15.
The Eliminator Tournament will be conducted as follows:
- each Eliminator Eligible Participant will receive a ranking (“Eliminator Ranking”) based on their Team's Round 6 score at the completion of Round 6, with the highest accumulated score ranked number 1, to the lowest score ranked 16,384;
- each Eliminator Eligible Participant in the top 8,192 Eliminator Rankings will be randomly matched up against another Eliminator Eligible Participant in the next 8,192 Eliminator Rankings;
- in Round 7, Eliminator Eligible Participants will participate in the Game "head-to-head", with the Eliminator Eligible Participant that scores the most points for that Round, progressing to the next Round to be matched against another winning Eliminator Eligible Participant for the next Round. In the event that there is a tie between the two Eliminator Eligible Participants, the Eliminator Eligible Participant with the highest Eliminator Ranking will progress to the next Round. Losing Eliminator Eligible Participants will be eliminated from the Eliminator Tournament;
- the same process as set out in (iii) above will be repeated for each of the remaining Rounds (excluding Rounds 13, 14 and 15, when the Eliminator Tournament is suspended), until there are only two Eliminator Eligible Participants remaining in Round 23;
- out of the two Eliminator Eligible Participants left in Round 23, the Eliminator Eligible Participant that scores the most points for that Round will receive from the Promoter the Eliminator Prize.
In the event that there are fewer than the required number of Eligible Eliminator Participants, Eligible Eliminator Participants who are not matched up against another Eligible Eliminator Participant (based on achieving the highest Eliminator Ranking) in Round 6 will have a "bye" for that Round and will automatically progress to the next Round.
The overall Eliminator winner at the conclusion of Round 23 will win $1,000. The Eliminator prize winner will be determined by the Promoter at G06/838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008 at 12:00PM AEST on 30.08.2016.
e. Tie Breaking
If there is more than one Participant with the equal highest number of points for the Overall Prizes or a Round prize, the relevant prize will be divided and distributed equally amongst all of the Participants with the tied score. For avoidance of doubt, if there are three Participants tied in second place for the Overall Prize, each of the Participants receives a share of the total prize pool from the prize awarded for Second, Third and Fourth place, divided equally in three. The next participant would be ranked in Fifth and so on.
If in determining the Best Performing League Prize winners there is a tied result, the prize will be awarded to the tied Leagues that made the least trades during Round 23, calculated by adding the number of trades made by each participant in the tied Leagues. In the event of a further tie, the prize will be divided and distributed equally amongst all tied Leagues.
In the event that there is a tie between the final two Eliminator Eligible Participants, the Eliminator Eligible Participant with the highest Eliminator Ranking at Round 23 will be determined the winner. If this is tied, the prize will be divided and distributed equally between the final two Eliminator Eligible Participants.
f. Unclaimed Prizes
If the Major Prizes are not claimed within 3 months from the Promotion period close date, the Participant who had the second highest score over the duration of the Promotion Period will receive that prize. If a weekly prize is not claimed within three months of the completion of the relevant round, the Participant who had the second highest score for that Round will receive that prize. If the Eliminator Prize is not claimed within 3 months from the Promotion period close date, the Eliminator Participant who was matched against the Eliminator Prize Winner in Round 23 will be the winner. The winners, if any, will be contacted by email and phone within 2 business days of being determined and published on the Web Site on 30.11.2016 for 28 days.
g. Publication of Winners' Details
Each weekly prize winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of bring determined, using the details provided in their entry, and the name and state of residence of the weekly prize winner will be published on the Web Site on the next Tuesday following the completion of the round for 28 days.
The Overall Prize winners, League Prize Winners and Eliminator Winner will be notified by email, using the details provided in their entry. The name and suburb of the winner of the Overall Prize will be announced on the Web Site above on 30.08.2016. The Promoter is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify prize winners.
14. All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in prize values. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities where required. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this tournament results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, Participants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market value.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Participants (including a Participant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Rules and the Terms and Conditions or who in the opinion of the Promoter tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Participant.
17. Total prize pool value is $40,200, including GST.
18. All prize winners must as a condition of being awarded a prize, at the Promoter's request, participate in any marketing and promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) in relation to winning any prize, free of charge. Participants consent to the Promoter using the Participant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Tournament (including any outcome), and promoting any products/services supplied by the Promoter.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Participant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
20. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its parent companies and/or subsidiaries are not liable for any loss, injury, or damage of any kind suffered or sustained to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising: (i) by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, any of its parent companies and/or subsidiaries, or their servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply or failure to supply, of any goods or services by any person to Participants or the prize winners; (ii) due to the game being disrupted or corrupted due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter; (iii) from the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the game or downloading material from the Website; or (iv) as a result of their being any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the game. Each winner must sign and return any liability release provided by the Promoter as a condition of any prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the selection of another winner.
21. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion in accordance with, and for purposes as detailed in Promoter's Privacy Statement. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- an employee of SD (except where such access is authorised in advance by SD and is for the purpose of product development, testing, customer support or related maintenance tasks that may be required from time to time.);
- an employee of any organisation which uses software or services supplied by SD; or
- employees of other fantasy wagering services that offer the same or similar services as SD.
Sportsdeck Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated: February 2, 2016
THE SPORTSDECK WEBSITE ("Website") AND THE SPORTSDECK APP (“App”) (together, in addition to any other sites/apps which may be owned, managed or operated by SPORTSDECK PTY LIMITED for the purpose of offering fantasy sports tournaments, are the “Sites”) ARE OWNED, MANAGED AND OPERATED BY SPORTSDECK PTY LIMITED ACN 095 684 067 (“we”, “us”, “our” or “SD”).
SD is licensed by the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority to provide bookmaking and betting exchange services, including the fantasy wagering tournaments available via the Sites (this licence is required only for the paid-entry tournaments) (these tournaments are the “Services”).
Your participation in any tournament is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Rules. To the extent that there is an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Rules, the Rules will prevail.
SD reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority (where this approval is required), to modify, restrict, change, or otherwise alter these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part without providing notice to you. We will endeavor to give you prior written notice of any material changes. Please refer to the date of last revision at the top of this page to ensure you are compliant with the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions. By continuing to access and use the Sites, you will be evidencing your agreement to these amendments.
By registering an account, you acknowledge and agree that SD has the right to publish or display your first name, user name and other details relating to your participation in any tournament on the Sites or in any communications sent by SD or any marketing materials produced by or on behalf of SD. You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any compensation or payment from SD as a result of SD exercising this right.
The Sites and Services are intended for personal use by Australian residents only. You must not visit enter any tournament if, by doing so, you will be in breach of the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside or are present.
You are prohibited from using the Sites if you are under the age of 18.
You are prohibited from participating in any tournament if that tournament relates to the events of a sporting or racing body with which you are associated (this prohibition applies even where the tournament relates to events in which you are not a participant). By way of example, a National Rugby League player must not participate in any tournament that relates to NRL matches. By way of example and without limitation, each of the following have an association with the relevant sporting body: athletes, coaches, persons involved in team management and team support personnel (for example, a team doctor).
You are prohibited from using the Sites if you are
You agree that we may ask you for proof at any time that you are eligible to use our Services, including proof that you are eligible to participate in any tournament. If you are unable to provide us with this proof to our reasonable satisfaction, we may close your account (or suspend it until such time as you are able to provide us with this proof to our reasonable satisfaction) and/or we may refuse to award you any winnings that you may otherwise be entitled to (or prohibit you from making any withdrawals from your account).
3. THIRD PARTY ACCESS
You are solely responsible for:
- maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password; and
- any and all activities (including transactions) that are conducted through your account.
If you suspect that someone is using your account without your permission and/or if you believe that the confidentiality of your username or password is at risk, please contact us using the contact details set out below under the “Contact us” heading.
4. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
To participate in the tournaments, you are required to register and maintain an account with us.
To register for an account, you must provide us with the information we require, as set out on the Sites. When registering for an account, you acknowledge and agree that the information you provide us is true and accurate. Where SD has a reasonable suspicion or belief that the information that you have provided is not true and accurate, SD may close your account or suspend your access to, or use of the Sites, at any time without notice.
You are permitted to register one account only with SD.
SD, at its sole discretion, may refuse to grant you a user name or password which appears to contravene a trade mark or other proprietary rights, is otherwise vulgar or offensive or otherwise not appropriate.
5. ENTERING A TOURNAMENT (PAID ENTRY TOURNAMENTS AND FREE ENTRY TOURNAMENTS)
To enter a tournament, you must, before lock-out (which is the time of the published kick-off time for the first match to which that tournament relates), select a team and follow all instructions on the Website or App relevant to that tournament.
Except for free entry tournaments (see clause 6 below), the balance of your account with SD must be, at a minimum, the equivalent of the entry fee for that tournament at the time you enter that tournament. The entry fee will be displayed on the Website and App and will be deducted from your account at the time you enter the tournament.
Your participation in the tournament, as well as the scoring of the tournament, is governed by the Rules, which are available here.
We will notify the winners of each tournament via the Site within 2 hours of the conclusion of the last match to which that tournament relates, except where our external data providers may require additional time to review and/or verify various player statistics. Please refer to the Rules for additional details. We will notify you of any unexpected winner notification delays via the Website.
In some instances, you may be permitted to enter a tournament more than once. Please refer to the specific Rules of each tournament for maximum entry limits.
6. FREE ENTRY TOURNAMENTS
This clause 6 applies only to tournaments that are free-entry.
From time to time, we may offer free entry tournaments on our Sites. These tournaments are free-entry trade promotions and, for the avoidance of doubt, are governed by the Rules.
The winnings available to the winner/s of a free entry tournament will be advertised on the Website or App prior to the lock-out for that tournament, and will be supplied by SD or one of its partners. The winnings may be in the form of cash or goods. Where the winnings are in the form of cash, they will be paid into your account with SD.
In the event that any of the winnings advertised on the Sites become unavailable due to circumstances beyond SD's control, SD reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value.
7. TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
In addition to SD’s rights under clause 4 of these Terms and Conditions, SD reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to suspend, close or limit your account and/or terminate your participation in any tournament without notice or explanation if SD knows or reasonably suspects you are using the Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by SD, including, without limitation:
- you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the Rules;
- you are partaking in fraudulent or other legally prohibited activity;
- you are using a third party credit card;
- you are involved in any activity which has the potential to threaten the integrity of a sporting code or body or event;
- you are using our Sites or Services for an illegal or improper purpose;
- you are using our Sites or Services to abuse, harass, impersonate, intimidate or threaten other users;
- you are using our Sites or Services to submit comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites repurposing existing stories or off-topic content; or
- you are using artificial means, including creating multiple user accounts, to inflate your position and standing with the SD community.
By using the Sites and Services, you agree that SD may provide relevant authorities, including government agencies, sports controlling bodies and/or gambling regulatory bodies (including the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority) with any information relating to your account or activity relating to your account in any of the circumstances outlined above.
SD also reserves the right to terminate or suspend a tournament at any time where SD has reasonable concerns:
- regarding the integrity of the tournament and/or of the sporting event/s to which the tournament relates;
- that one or more participants in the tournament has/have access to information to which other participants do not and SD, in its sole discretion, considers that this provides the participants with the information with an unfair advantage;
- where there are less than 50% of the advertised or required participants in a tournament at the time of lock-out (this right is available to SD only in respect of tournaments where it has given prior notice on its Website and App that a specific number of entrants is required for the tournament to proceed); or
- due to an unexpected or unanticipated fault or defect in SD’s technology, either prior to the commencement of, or during a tournament.
In the event that a tournament is terminated or suspended, all entry fees relating to that tournament will be refunded to participants. Refunds will be paid into the SD account of each participant.
In addition to the other rights set out in this clause, SD reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time for any reason.
8. USER GENERATED CONTENT
You hereby grant to SD a non-exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable royalty free licence to copy, adapt, publish, communicate or otherwise use all or part of the content, material, information or ideas provided directly or indirectly by you through the Sites or otherwise, including, without limitation, as set out in this clause 8 (“Materials”). SD will have no liability or responsibility for providing any credit, compensation or other consideration for any Materials that you may upload or share with other users of the Sites. You warrant that you are entitled to grant such rights to SD, and agree to indemnify SD if any third party takes action against SD in relation to Materials you provide. You represent you are the sole author and proprietor of any Materials that you submit to SD, and that no Materials submitted by you have been registered for copyright protection in any jurisdiction or has been previously published in any form.
Please note that any statement or opinion that any user, third party host or moderator expresses on any of the Sites or any SD social media account or page operated shall be his or her own and does not represent the views or opinions of SD. You agree that SD is neither responsible nor liable for any statement, action, or opinion made by you or any third party in any of the Sites or any social media account or page operated by us. SD reserves the right to delete, move or edit any Material that you post to our Sites or any of SD’s social media accounts or pages or any chat room and/or bulletin board on our Sites if this Material is inaccurate, abusive, defamatory, obscene, copyright, or otherwise violates any law or, in the absolute discretion of SD, is unacceptable in its nature or placement.
9. LINKS AND ADVERTISING
From time to time, the Sites and/or any SD social media page or account will contain hyperlinks ("Links") to third party web sites and/or advertising operated by or referring to third parties and their goods and services ("Advertising"). SD does not control and is not liable or responsible for the content of linked websites or Advertising. Display of such Links or Advertising on the Sites does not imply or express any endorsement by SD of the content or nature of the Links or Advertising. You are solely responsible for any charges or obligations that may be incurred as a result of any dealings with such third parties, including advertisers.
Where you access the Sites through a link provided on another website not owned and operated by SD, you hereby acknowledge and agree that SD is not responsible for the content of any such website or the actions of the operator of any such website.
10. COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
All materials on the Sites including, without limitation; software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trade marks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos and music (the "Intellectual Property") are owned or licensed, in whole or in part, by SD and protected under Australian copyright or other laws. SD also use Intellectual Property of third parties with the permission of their respective owners (“Third Party Property”).
You are prohibited from manipulating, editing, reproducing, performing, republishing, uploading or downloading, posting, transmitting, selling, transferring or otherwise distributing or exploiting in any manner whatsoever from the Sites, any Intellectual Property or Third Party Property without the prior written consent of SD.
11. USER INDEMNITY
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SD and its employees, directors, and officers from any claims, actions, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, settlements, and other costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements) arising out of or relating to:
- any breach of your obligations under these terms and conditions; or
- the placement by you of a link to the Sites on any website or in any e-mail.
This indemnity shall include any costs and expenses incurred by SD in any actions taken to enforce this indemnity.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This clause is subject always to the Australian Consumer Law.
- In no event shall SD be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for any loss arising from the use of the Sites.
- You agree that your use of the Sites is on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that your use of the Site is at your sole risk. Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, SD does not make any representations or warranties in relation to the Sites (including any implied term relating to quality, fitness for a particular purpose).
- You agree that SD is not responsible for any statement or opinion expressed by any user on the Sites. You agree that you are solely and fully responsibility for any comment you post on the Sites.
SD does not, and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall act to, exclude or limit SD’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or fraud.
Failure by SD to enforce any of the rights and benefits conferred on SD under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of any of these rights or benefits. Waiver of any rights and benefits conferred on SD, or any breach or default of these Terms and Conditions shall not be effective unless it is in writing and executed by the SD. Such waiver, unless otherwise specified, shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent or continuing breach of, or default under, these Terms and Conditions.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision. Where a provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
Any indemnity provided by you or any limitation on SD’s liability to you under these Terms and Conditions will survive the termination of your account and the cessation of your use of the Sites and Services. Any licence you have provided SD will also survive the termination of your account and the cessation of your use of the Sites and Services.
These Terms and Conditions are made under Australian law. By using the Sites and Services you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, subject always to clause 15.
You agree that you are responsible fully for any obligations under Australian taxation law that may arise as a result of any winnings you accrue from your participation in the tournaments.
Prior to commencing proceedings in any Court with respect to a dispute arising from the use of the Site or Services, you agree to first contact us with the nature and details of your dispute. If the dispute or complaint cannot be resolved, you must also refer to the issue to the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority in writing by: (a) email: email@example.com; or (b) post: Norfolk Island Gaming Authority, PO Box 882, Norfolk Island 2899, South Pacific.
You agree that you will not commence proceedings in any Court unless the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority has informed you in writing that it has completed its dispute handling process.
15. CONTACT US
If you have any further enquiries, questions or comments about the Terms and Conditions contained herein, you can contact us here.
- Create an account with us
- Use or access our Services, including but not limited to, entering into one of our tournaments and/or engaging in chat and discussion forums
- Participate in an online survey or feedback form
- Join our mailing lists
- Contact us for the purpose of making a complaint or for any other reason
- Provide billing addresses and credit or debit card information.
- residential address,
- email addresses,
- phone number,
- gender, and
- payment method information (including the payment type, card number, expiry date and security code).
- Your I.P. address,
- Your location when using our Services,
- Your account preferences,
- Your login and logout times,
- The duration of time you spend using our Services, and
- Your engagement with our advertising.
- assist you to registering and maintaining your account,
- keep you informed of new products, features and offers,
- invite you to participate in competitions, promotions and surveys,
- contact you weekly or on a regular basis as appropriate by email in relation to the tournaments that you take part in,
- process and respond to any questions, requests or feedback,
- verify your identity and payment method,
- enforce the Terms and Conditions and Rules,
- implement credit fraud protection measures,
- process payment fees,
- monitor, track and analyse website traffic and usage,
- conduct internal business management and accounting,
- develop marketing services,
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and
- do any other thing for which you provided the information.
- verify a user’s identity and payment method,
- service providers, sponsors, suppliers, vendors and others who facilitate the provision of the Services,
- third parties in the event of any reorganisation, merger, joint venture, partnership, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or part of SD’s business or operations, or
- protect and defend SD's rights or property.
- in response to a subpoena, legal order or official request,
- when we believe you have violated our Terms and Conditions,
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud, or potential threats, including, without limitation, in relation to the integrity of any racing or sporting event,
- to exercise legal rights or defend against claims, or
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Last Updated: February 1, 2016
By accessing or using our Services you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to the terms of this Policy. SD reserves the right to update this policy at any time without notifying you, however, we will endeavor to give you prior notice via email of all material changes. Changes to this policy will be effective immediately once they are published on our website. Please refer to the date of last revision at the top of this page to ensure you are compliant with the most recent version of this Policy.
The Services we provide are intended for persons who are 18 years or older only. If you are under 18 you are not permitted to use the SD Website or App. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected information about your child, please contact our Privacy Officer immediately using the contact details set out below under the “Contact Us” heading.
How do we collect your information?
SD collects your personal information for the purpose of providing the Services and improving your experience of the Services. We collect your personal information in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, when you:
Without limiting the above, we may also ask you to provide us with personal information to assist us in providing Services to you. Where you do not consent to providing us with this information, we may be unable to provide Services to you by law.
Where you wish to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym, we may also be unable to provide Services to you by law. We may be able to provide only our free entry tournaments to you if you wish to deal with us under a pseudonym; however, you will not be eligible to receive any prize unless you provide us your full contact details.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
SD collects personal information including your:
We also indirectly collect other information including:
SD also collects your information from third party partners and service providers, including social media and marketing firms. This information is subject to the Privacy Policies of the third party provider. SD only uses the services of reputable third parties who also provide clear statements regarding responsible use of consumer information.
SD collects and aggregates non-personal information for the purpose of collating statistics about the demographic of our customers to help us to improve the Services we provide.
How do we use your information?
SD uses your personal information for the purpose of providing the Services to you and improve your experience of the Services. This involves the use of your information to:
From time to time we will also use your personal information for the purpose of contacting you about marketing materials including promotions and offers conducted by us and our affiliates and partners that we think may be of interest to you.
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties for the purpose of these third parties directly marketing goods or services to you that we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from SD, you may elect to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications from us by changing your account setting preferences or clicking on the “unsubscribe” button in the footer of any emails you receive from us and following the directions provided. Please note that we will continue to contact you with any important matters concerning your account or other notifications which we are legally required to send to you.
You can also “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications by contacting us using the details below under the “Contact Us” heading.
Please note that, if you indicate to us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications after we have disclosed your details to third parties, you will need to contact these third parties directly to unsubscribe from their marketing communications.
SD uses industry standard systems, software and encryption whenever possible and appropriate as means of precaution to keep the information disclosed by our users secure. Cookies stored on user devices do not contain any personally identifiable information that may pose a security threat.
Please note that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be secure, and it may be possible for unauthorised third parties to intercept or unlawfully access your information. While we are committed to protecting the information of our users, neither us nor our affiliates, partners or providers can warrant the security of your information. All information shared with us over the internet is provided at your own risk.
Providing your information to third parties
SD does NOT provide any personal information collected from its users to any third parties except as set out in this section and in the section above titled “Direct Marketing”.
WM will disclose your personal information to third parties except to:
SD may be required by law or contract to disclose personal information to government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts of law or other regulatory authorities, including our licensing body, sport and racing bodies:
Cookies and de-identified information
A “cookie” is a piece of data that is stored on your device which allows us to improve your accessibility to the Services. By storing cookies on your device, we are able to facilitate your use of our Services by providing functions such as remembering your login details and preferences, improved load speeds and track your progress in the various tournaments we offer as part of our Services.
Cookies do not contain personal information. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your settings to prevent and remove saved cookies. You may continue to use the Services if you choose to reject or delete cookies, but it will impair your ability to use the Services to your full advantage.
We also use this information to create anonymous user profiles. These profiles are used to tailor our content, promotions and advertising and to assist in marketing research.
Additionally, SD may disclose or exchange with third parties, such as advertisers and partners, aggregated statistics or information about our user base to help them better understand our Services and to monitor the reach and effectiveness of their advertising. The information provided for this purpose does not contain any individual or personal information.
Links to other sites
The Services may also contain links to a wide variety of other sites and contain advertisements of third parties (“Linked Sites”). This Policy does not cover the use of information by companies operating Linked Sites. Please note that SD is not responsible for the privacy practices of Linked Sites or how they handle information provided by their users.
Accessing or changing your information
SD relies on the accuracy and quality of the information you provide to us and you are responsible for keeping your information current.
You must notify us of any changes to the personal information you provide at the time you register to use the Services and subsequently.
You have a legal right to access a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. There are some exceptions specified by law, where we may refuse your request. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for that refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to do so.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you or correct any information that you believe may be inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, you can make a request for access or correction by contacting us at the details listed below, and informing us of your request.
We will endeavour to respond to your request for access and/or correction within a reasonable period after your request is made.
Also, your account information can be updated via the Account Settings page on the Website.
Sending your information outside Australia
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients such as companies in our corporate group or affiliates or third parties that assist in the conduct of our business. These overseas recipients may assist in the processing of your information, credit card payments or provide technical or website support to us.
Where we discloses your personal information to overseas recipients, these recipients are most likely to be located in the United States of America and United Kingdom.
This list of countries is not exhaustive and may change from time to time.
In the event that the processing of your personal information involves the disclosure of any information outside Australia, you acknowledge that, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to such overseas disclosure. By consenting to such disclosure, you acknowledge that:
A. we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient, and
B. you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 against us or any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
Note: Countries outside of Australia may not always have the same or similar privacy and data protection laws and in some cases, foreign law may require us to disclose your personal information overseas, for example to an overseas law enforcement authority. Please be aware that you may not be able to seek redress for a breach of privacy in a country outside of Australia. However, where we do provide your personal information to third parties, we will take such steps as reasonable to ensure your information is used in accordance with this policy.
Contact us and complaints
If you have any further enquiries, questions or complaints about SD and our policies and procedures relating to our handling of user information, please contact our Privacy Officer via: Mail: Privacy Officer, Sportsdeck Pty Ltd, G06/838 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia. Telephone: 03 9077 2981. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you can forward your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
- Assistant Coach Services
These terms and conditions apply to your subscription for, access to and use of the Assistant Coach Services provided by Vapormedia Pty Limited ACN 140 989 368.
The Assistant Coach Services are available to registered participants of the Dream Team game (subject to the completion of the subscription application process).
The Assistant Coach Services are information, analysis and prediction tools and other services intended to assist you in playing the Game and making decisions regarding the Game. Due to the unpredictable nature of the Game and the numerous variables involved in the Game, you cannot rely on the accuracy, relevance or completeness of the Assistant Coach Services or Assistant Coach Content and must make your own enquiries and conduct your own research and analysis before making decisions in respect of the Game or otherwise playing the Game.
In these terms and conditions:
ACL means the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule Two of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Additional Amount means an amount equal to a price or other sum payable in connection with a supply under these terms and conditions multiplied by the applicable GST rate plus any penalties or interest or both imposed under any applicable GST laws.
Assistant Coach Content means any Content relevant to the Game which, in providing the Assistant Coach Services to you, we decide to make available to you via your Game Page from time to time.
Assistant Coach Services means the services referred to in clause 3.
Content includes information, data, pictures, text, graphics, multi media presentations, fonts, layouts and hyperlinks.
Game means the Dream Team - AFL and Dream Team Draft - AFL competitions located on the Website https://www.sportsdeck.com/au/afl/dreamteam/
Game Expiry Date means the date the Game Period ends.
Game Page means the section of the Website accessible by you when you enter your Game user name and password.
Game Period means between 12:00pm AEDT on 2 February 2016 and 11:59pm AEST on 28 August 2016.
Permitted Purpose means you viewing and analysing the Assistant Coach Content and using any tools forming part of the Assistant Coach Content to assist you in playing the Game and making decisions regarding the Game, such as decisions regarding team line-up, player selection and player trading.
Subscription Date means the date your application for subscription to the Assistant Coach Services is accepted by us.
Subscription Pages means the pages on the Website required to be viewed and completed by you to submit an application to subscribe to the Assistant Coach Services.
We, us, our, means Vapormedia Pty Limited ACN 140 989 368.
Website means http://afldreamteam.virtualsports.com.au
To be eligible to receive the Assistant Coach Services you must be a registered participant in the Game and you must complete and submit to us the subscription application located on the Subscription Pages. You acknowledge that we may reject any subscription application (in our sole discretion).
If we accept your subscription application then (subject to these terms and conditions) we will provide the Assistant Coach Services to you. The Assistant Coach Services will comprise of making available to you via your Game Page, for the Permitted Purpose, the Assistant Coach Content. The Assistant Coach Content may include:
- player and team statistical information;
- player and team performance, prediction and analysis tools;
- news, analysis, match previews and other similar content; and
- team selection and trading tools;
A more detailed description of the Assistant Coach Services is available at https://www.sportsdeck.com/au/afl/dreamteam/
You may access and use the Assistant Coach Content for the Permitted Purpose and not for any other purpose. Without limiting the above, you must not:
- make copies, electronic or otherwise of the Assistant Coach Content for any other purpose;
- provide any of the Assistant Coach Content by electronic or other means to any person or otherwise communicate any of the Assistant Coach Content to others;
- distribute or display any Assistant Coach Content on any electronic network or otherwise, including (without limitation) the internet;
- alter or change any part of the Assistant Coach Content; or
- create any derivative works based on the Assistant Coach Content.
Unless provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, our obligations to provide the Assistant Coach Services commence on the Subscription Date and will expire upon the earlier of:
- the date your cancellation of your subscription pursuant to clause 10 is effective;
- the date us cancelling your subscription pursuant to clause 11 is effective; or
- the expiry of the Game Period.
From time to time we may offer free trials of the Assistant Coach Services. If you subscribe for a free trial, we will make the Assistant Coach Services available to you during the free trial period (as specified in the Subscription Pages). Once the free trial period expires, we will cease providing the Assistant Coach Services to you and you will no longer be able to access the Assistant Coach Content (although you may continue to receive the Assistant Coach Services by becoming a paid subscriber).
The subscription fees payable by you for access to the Assistant Coach Services are set out in the Subscription Pages. Subject to the provisions below, you may subscribe for the Assistant Coach Services on a monthly or annual basis.
For monthly subscriptions, we will charge the monthly subscription fees (as specified in the Subscription Pages) to your credit card on the Subscription Date and on the same date of each subsequent month during the Game Period (unless you cancel your subscription pursuant to clause 10 or we cancel your subscription pursuant to clause 11), up to a maximum of $29.70.
You acknowledge that you will not be entitled to any pro rata or other refund of the subscription fees if the period between the date of the last payment of a monthly subscription for a Game Period and the Game Expiry Date is less than one month. If any repeat payment of the monthly subscription fees is rejected by the issuer of your credit card or is otherwise not paid, we may (without prejudice to our other rights) suspend your access to the Assistant Coach Services until such time as the relevant subscription fees are paid by you in full.
If you subscribe for an annual subscription, we will charge a one off subscription fee (as specified in the Subscription Pages) to your credit card on the Subscription Date, which will entitle you to receive the Assistant Coach Services for the entire period between the Subscription Date and the Game Expiry Date.
Annual subscriptions may only be available for limited period of time during the Game Period (as specified in the Subscription Pages).
If you are a monthly subscriber, you may cancel your subscription by completing and submitting to us the cancellation form located at https://www.sportsdeck.com/au/afl/dreamteam/my_account/subscriptions
If you send us a cancellation form, the cancellation of your monthly subscription will be effective on and from the date the next payment of subscription fees would have been charged to your credit card but for the cancelation (Cancellation Effective Date). For the avoidance of doubt, during the period between the date you submit the cancellation form to us and the Cancellation Effective Date, we will continue to provide the Assistant Coach Services to you and you will not be entitled to any refund of subscription fees for this period.
If you are an annual subscriber, you may cancel your subscription by completing and submitting to us the cancellation form located at https://www.sportsdeck.com/au/afl/dreamteam/subscriptions, however you may only cancel your gold subscription during the cancellation period specified in the Subscription Pages. If you cancel your annual subscription during this cancellation period, we may immediately cancel your access to the Assistant Coach Services. Within 10 business days of receiving the notice of cancellation we will refund to you the pro rata balance of the annual subscription fees paid by you.
You acknowledge that you may not cancel an annual subscription once the cancellation period specified in the Subscription Pages has expired.
We may cancel the provision of the Assistant Coach Services effective immediately upon us providing written notice of cancelation to you if:
- you cease to be a registered participant in the Game due to a breach of the Game rules or terms and conditions by you;
- you breach any material provision of these terms and conditions; or
- the Game is cancelled or otherwise ceases to operate.
If we cancel the provision of the Assistant Coach Services pursuant to clauses 11(a) or (b) we will not have any obligation to refund subscription fees paid by you. If we cancel the provision of the Assistant Coach Services pursuant to clause 11(c), we must refund to you all subscription fees paid by you in respect of the Assistant Coach Services.
Any credit card, debit card or other similar details you provide to us will be stored and used by us for the purpose of processing your payments of the subscription fees. You acknowledge that we may provide your credit card, debit card and other similar details to Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited or any other party we appoint to process credit card payments for us. We will use our best endeavours to keep such details secure.
You acknowledge that you obtain no intellectual property rights, ownership or other rights in respect of the Assistant Coach Content (apart from the limited right of use granted under clause 4).
You acknowledge that we may pay commissions or share amounts of your subscription fees with third parties including (without limitation) the promoters or sponsors of the Game.
Under the ACL, a number of consumer guarantees apply in respect of the Assistant Coach Services, being guarantees regarding:
- the Assistant Coach Services being rendered with due care and skill;
- the Assistant Coach Services being fit for the known purpose for which the Assistant Coach Services are being acquired (such as the Permitted Purpose), being fit for any disclosed purpose (such as the Permitted Purpose) or being capable of achieving any disclosed result; and
- the Assistant Coach Services being supplied within a reasonable time.
Nothing in these terms and conditions (including, without limitation, clauses 16 or 17) should be interpreted as attempting to exclude, restrict or modify the application of any applicable provisions of the ACL, any liability of us for failing to comply with these provisions of the ACL or the right of you to make a claim in respect of these guarantees or under any other provision of the ACL.
You acknowledge that:
- as the Assistant Coach Services are information and analysis services that largely relate to the attempted prediction of future events or performances we do not provide any guarantees or warranties that:
- the Assistant Coach Content will be entirely accurate, reliable or fit for any particular purpose (other than the Permitted Purpose); or
- any scores, results, performances or other similar events applicable to the Game predicted as a result of your use of the Assistant Coach Content will occur or that any such predictions will be accurate; and
- as the Assistant Coach Services and Assistant Coach Content are provided using the internet, we do not provide any warranties or guarantees that:
- your access to the Assistant Coach Services will be free of outages, interruptions or other similar issues; or
- the Assistant Coach Services and Assistant Coach Content will be compatible with any internet browser, other computer software, computer hardware or other technology;
except and only to the extent that the above guarantees or warranties are inconsistent with any applicable consumer guarantees under the ACL
You warrant and represent to us that:
- all information submitted by you to us (including the information in your application for subscription) is complete, true and accurate; and
- any credit card or debit card details you provide to us are in respect of a card issued to you or that you are authorised to charge the subscription fees to.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to clause 15, we do not accept liability for any loss (however arising) suffered by you as a result of your use of the Assistant Coach Services. Notwithstanding the above, if we are liable for any such loss suffered by you, our maximum aggregate liability (whether arising in contract, tort, for breach of statute or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Assistant Coach Services will not exceed an amount equivalent to three times the total subscription fees paid by you for the Assistant Coach Services.
For the avoidance of doubt, this clause 17 does not apply to any claim or loss suffered by you as a result of a breach by us of the consumer guarantee provisions of the ACL.
We collect certain personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) from you, which you give to us when subscribing for or receiving the Assistant Coach Services. We may use such personal information to enable us to provide the Assistant Coach Services to you, to keep in touch with you and to provide information to you about other products or services you might be interested in (unless you tell us in writing that you do not want this information). In handling your personal information, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles.
We will only disclose personal information about you to a third party when necessary under these circumstances:
- when you authorise us to;
- when we are required to by law;
- when we want to obtain a credit reference check;
- when necessary to do so to process your payments of the subscription fees;
- when we believe a service we or a related company offers may be of interest to you;
- when we ask someone to recover money from you if you have not paid us by the due date for payment; or
- when you make a complaint about us.
If a supply under these terms and conditions is a taxable supply, the recipient of the taxable supply must pay an Additional Amount (defined below) to the supplier, at the same time and in the same manner as the relevant payment is due and payable, subject to the recipient receiving a valid tax invoice in respect of the supply at or before the time that the relevant payment is due and payable. If the Additional Amount differs from the GST payable by the supplier, the parties must do all things necessary to adjust the Additional Amount, so that the Additional Amount is the same as the GST payable by the supplier and ensure that the relevant party issues an adjustment note.
We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under these terms and conditions insofar as the performance of such obligation is prevented by an event beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, earthquake, fire, flood or any other natural disaster, labor dispute, riot, revolution, terrorism, acts of restraint of government or regulatory authorities, failure of computer equipment, ongoing internet or telecommunications outage or failure or delay of sources from which data relevant to the Assistant Coach Services is obtained.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire understanding between us and you in relation to the Assistant Coach Services and supersede all previous agreements and understandings. These terms and conditions may only be varied by written agreement between the parties. Failure at any time to enforce any of these terms and conditions or to require performance will not be construed as a waiver of such provision or affect the right of either party to enforce the same. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any tribunal of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will not be affected and will be carried out as closely as possible according to the original intent. These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia, and each party agrees that the courts of the State of Victoria will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.